Our mission is to advance the communication and cooperation on water resources and environment between the countries in the Lancang-Mekong region with focus on strengthening collaboration among civil professionals and institutions.
Lancang-Mekong Partnership for Water and Environment will:
- Foster a cooperative environment where regulatory, scientific, engineering, and social professionals collectively work together to protect water and environment in the Greater Mekong Sub region (GMS).
- Undertake collaborative research on water resources, sustainable hydropower and environmental protection.
- Facilitate dialog and experience sharing among stakeholders in the GMS countries in terms of water resources and environmental governance.
- Deliver training and education programs for improving knowledge and skills in water and environmental assessment, monitoring, mitigation, offsetting and design.
- Promote public awareness of the importance of safe water and clean environment in the region.